Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time to move on in my search

I have been busy with life and not feeling particularly talkative, so I am glad I named this an
every so often blog!
I feel I have done a reasonably exhaustive search on my Daniel Miller, so am moving on to my next brick wall in the same era of around 1800 - 1825. Thomas Graves born abt 1797 according to a note in my bible pages, I know a lot about Thomas after 1812, I have his pension papers and the information is good. He was married twice:
Mariah S (from her gravestone) born abt 1812 and died 1 Jun 1842. She is buried beside Thomas in Saint Matthews cemetery in Unadilla Village, Otsego county, New York. Thomas and Mariah had at least two children, John H who was born in 1839 and died 28 Oct 1841 and Sarah Jane born 7 Nov 1840 in Unadilla.
Sarah Jane married William Edgar Hubbell b abt 1835 in 1859, They lived in Corning, Steuben Co., in 1860, lived in Susquehanna Depot, Susquehanna Co., Pennsylvania where some of their children were born. I have not gone farther with that line as yet, because I want to find Thomas's parents.
Thomas's second wife Olive Owens was born 5 Oct 1823 in Cannonsville, Delaware Co., she married Thomas 10 June 1843 in Unadilla and they lived there until he died 24 January 1865. Olive and Thomas are buried in Saint Matthews in Unadilla.
Now I have a lot of information, but none of it has helped me find his parents. So this is where I will be working for the next few weeks. I will be checking the 1800, and 1810 census for Graves with a child of under 5 years and 15 years. I know none of his siblings so can't check that way. I will check the 1820 for Thomas by himself and again 1830 when he is presumably married to Mariah, but not necessarily as the first child I have listed wasn't born until 1839. 3ish me luck on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment